KA-1212B brake/suppressor for Mossberg, others (.860")
The KA-1212 was the original brake/suppressor developed by King Armory. Starting with a blank paper, we set out to do what no one else had done before, making an effective brake/suppressor for a 12ga shotgun. Considering that shotguns kick hard and have massive muzzleflash with HD loads, the benefit of having something that reduced recoil and flash on a shotgun was obvious. The KA-1212 went through 11 prototype revisions and 12,000 rounds fired during testing to create today's production version. The KA-1212 takes the already useful shotgun and makes it perform even better, especially in low-light environments.
The KA-1212 offers several innovations which makes it the best shotgun brake/ suppressor attachment on the market today:
- Excellent flash suppression for maintaining low-light vision
- Recoil reduction for quicker follow-up shots
- "6/45" port arrangement to keep sight picture clear of smoke/blast
- Compatible with all ammunition, including "less lethal" rounds
- Much tighter patterns for more pellets on target
- Special hydraulically-formed alloy is springy, less prone to breakage
- Mounts on exterior of muzzle rather than fragile choke tube
- Weight: 120 grams (apx)
- Overall length: 2.750"
- Added length to barrel: 2.000"
- Width: 1.123"
- Finish: MIL-STD171 maganese-phosphate parkerizing
- Material: Special carbon-steel alloy
- Hardness: N/A
- Introduced: 2006
- Current generation: 2nd
- Failure/defect rate: 0.00%
Some gunsmithing required, these are silver-soldered to the barrel (much like the barrel lug, sights, etc are attached). For detailed instructions, you can download a copy of the installation instructions here KA-1212 PDF